Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Where does the time go, Must we let it end
Where does the time go, Gone too soon my friend...


With the Somerset Patriots mascot!




With Mackenzie and Michael, this year's Champion Children!


Kaitlin, last year's champion child!

Well this has certainly been a very busy week and a half! So let's see, where to begin!

First, on March 17th, I was off to Summit, NJ where I participated in the Summit YMCA Healthy Kids Day! I had a great time signing autographs and selling my cookbook. It was a definitely a cold day, but everyone was so much fun, and I was able to discuss my platform with many young children! It was such an honor to be a role model to young children.

With the mayor of Summit, NJ!


He wanted to be Miss NJ, haha!

Then on March 18th I went to Mt. Laurel, New Jersey to the Burlington YMCA Healthy Kids Day! It was such a busy day, and I signed practically 200 autographs that day! I couldn't believe how excited everyone was to meet me. I was so honored and once again pleased to share my platform and belief in healthy kids for a healthy future!

With a young fan! :-)


With the Wii Bowling champion!


With some teens attending the event!

Later that week I was a guest judge at Rider University for the Color me Violet pageant to raise money for Domestic Violence. I had the pleasure of sharing the panel with Miss NJ USA, Miss NJ Teen USA, and my very own little sister Andie! We had a so much fun judging the pageant, and I was so impressed with the young women. They were all very talented, and so well spoken. I want to congratulate Jasmine Adams, Miss Popular, and Destyne Pitts, Miss Violet.


With the other judges!


Jasmine Adams, Miss Popular!


Destyne Pitts, Miss Violet!

Then on Friday, I was off to Ramapo College for CMN's Dance-a-thon. I had so much fun judging the Dance Contest, as well as spending some time with my friends, Kaitlin, Mackenzie, Michael, and Amara, who are all CMN Children. Mackenzie and Michael are this year's champion children nominees. These children just are so extraordinary and are such an inspiration to me!


With the top 5 dancers!


With all the CMN children!


Mackenzie, Kaitlin, and Amara! The girls!


With Amara! She is such a sweet girl!

That evening Sally and myself drove all the way from Mahwah to Ocean City, to be ready for Miss NJ Orientation the next morning. I literally drove the entire length of the state of New Jersey, Over 150 miles total!

Then Saturday morning I was up bright and early for Miss NJ Orientation, and I am so excited to see what lucky young woman will be joining this tremendous sisterhood! I am so proud of the each of the contestants, they are truly a very talented group of young women! I know that any one of the women can make a great Miss NJ! Come out to support these young women on June 17, 18, and 19th!

I was so excited because I also received my Miss America DVDs! I was hoping to see how my talent was, as well as swimsuit and eveningwear. I must say, I know it wasn't perfect, and there were things I wish I could have done differently, but overall I definitely felt great about my performance. I truly felt that I represented NJ very well, and did everything I could to be the best me possible. It just wasn't meant to be for me!

Well don't forget, even though April is almost over, it is still Healthy Kids Month, but most importantly, our children's healthy is something we must pay attention to every day. They are the future, and their well-being is crucial. I hope that everyone might be interested in buying my cookbook, I'm selling them for $3.00. There are recipes that are healthy and affordable for families!

Well until next time, health and happiness!

No comments: