Wednesday, October 7, 2009

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb --Miley Cyrus


I know it may seem silly that I have Miley Cyrus lyrics here, but this particular song has really become my anthem over the past year, even before Miss New Jersey. I believe that there really is a strong message to be learned from this song!

Things have been busy as walways, and I have been diligently working on figuring out another charity event, as well as putting together the final pieces to my new coloring book. I'm very excited about these things! I've also been very busy with preparations, and of course you can always find me working out at the gym!
I also had to have a cavity filled, which was very depressing because this is my first cavity in over 18 years. The doctor had to numb my entire right side, and I couldn't eat much less talk. Then our water pump broke in the house, so no running water, which is always fun!

Saturday, I went to the Miss Columbus Day and Atlantic County rehearsal. I'm so excited for this weekends festivities! Even though I
don't want to loose my beautiful sister, Krysten, the show is going to be a great show! It has been such a wonderful year to spend with her. She has been so supportive, and such a great inspiration in my life. She has taught me so much about life, and her ability to embrace every experience is something I truly admire about her! I don't think I could have been any luckier than to have her in my life. She has become my family, and I'm so proud to say that our friendship will certinaly span beyond pageantry!

Then on Monday I'm
going to be in the NYC Columbus Day Parade, which will be broadcast LIVE on NBC at 10am! So watch for me!!

Krysten and myself crowned as Miss Atlantic County and Miss Columbus Day 2009
October 12, 2008

She will always be MY Miss Atlantic County!

Monday I did my contestant lottery for Miss America. That was such an intense experience! Waiting to see New Jersey pop-up in the little box was enough to cause an ulcer! I almost lost my spot, when NJ finally popped up in the box because I had only 5 minutes to make the decision, and when I dialed my phone kept cutting out! I was near tears when I finally got through, took a deep breath and selected the #16 spot in the Alpha group! Which means that I do Interview-Monday (PM), Talent-Tuesday, On stage Question-Wednesday, and Swimsuit/Eveningwear-Thursday. I'm really excited about my placement, and so happy things worked out!

getting ready anxious and excited to begin the lottery!


still waiting for New Jersey to be picked...
That's it for now, until next time, stay healthy and stay positive!

1 comment:

limit-to-thinking said...

While we are quoting Miley Cyrus, let us not forget about nodding our heads like yeah, as well as moving our hips like yeah. I don't really know how one moves their hips in a manner that says yeah, but I've been having fun and burning calories trying to figure it out!