Sunday, September 27, 2009


Once you give yourself permission to think
about things which are obviously impossible, you are
on your way to shaping your future
--Joel Barker


One of the greatest parts of the job of Miss New Jersey is that it forces you to step outside your comfort zone, and experience a whole new world. The various individuals who I have had the pleasure of meeting, come from all walks of life, and impart so much wisdom and experience that I truly cherish as I prepare for Miss America. I think networking is becoming my favorite pastime :-)

Since we last spoke, my weeks have been filled with preparations, phone calls, fittings, meetings, appearances, and trying to catch up with some old friends! Things have been happening that I still can't believe are coming true, but this is truly the time of my life! I can't believe that it's almost October! Time is just flying by!

My trainer has been kicking my butt, as my status on Facebook says frequently. I'm making huge progress, and I'm so proud of how far I've come. The challenges I face in the gym, I believe mentally prepare me for all the challenges of my life because they force me to focus my thoughts and my energy. Health and Fitness are truly a passion of mine, and I know that if I can do this, anyone can!

Four years ago, I couldn't even do a pull up, now I'm doing weighted pull-ups

Some reps of Bicep Curls

A week ago I was the featured guest at the "Miss Moorestown Estates" Pageant. Moorestown is an assisted living facility, and I served as a judge and also sang for the residents. But it was a very difficult decision, they were very talented, and one of the women baked for us! It was very hard not to be swayed! In the end, we named Frances, "Miss Moorestown Estates 2009!" She is 85 years young, and collects stuffed animals from around the country. (If anyone has seen my room, you can see how I identified with her!) She was so shocked that we chose her, but she was such a kind and loving woman. It felt so good to see her smile, and enjoy the experience!


Signing an Autograph for Joy! She made me cry with her story!

With the two Miss Moorestown Estates 2008, and Miss Moorestown Estates 2009, in her "Red, White and Blue Eveningwear" that she made herself!

Since then, my Dale Carnegie courses have really kept me busy! It's so weird to have homework again, but my instructor is fabulous, and getting to know my classmates has been a really wonderful opportunity. And of course, meeting with some of my new sisters, former Miss NJs, who have become such an instrumental part of my reign and support system!

I have also begun meeting with the esteemed, David Gross, who is working with me on my music for Miss America. David is one of the most talented pianists I have had the pleasure of working with, and I'm confident in his ability to produce a beautiful piece of music!

Unfortunately, my Golf Outing had to be canceled, however, we are planning another event later in the month of October. For now, I'm focusing on putting together my new coloring book, as well as getting ready to crown the new Miss Columbus Day! It's going to be such a great event! I hope everyone will be able to attend that double crown, as well as the parade on the Atlantic City boardwalk on Saturday the 10th at 11am.

This past weekend I had the pleasure of attending the crownings of Miss Eastern and Miss Atlantic Shores Pageant as well as the Miss Mercer County and Miss Mercer County Outstanding Teen crowning. I want to congratulate Maggie Sabota, Brenna Welsh, and Courtney Charataris for winning their crowns. Also, I would like to wish all the best to Katie Berry, Miss Mercer County 2009. She was a fabulous representative for the crown, and I wish her continued success in all aspects of her life.


Miss Eastern/Atlantic Shores crowning with all Miss/Teen Contestants

With Sam, Miss Atlantic Shores Preteen, and Katie Hope's little sister!

Miss Mercer County and Miss Mercer County OT 2010

Me and Katie Berry, Miss Mercer County 2009

Well now I'm off to the gym again, and trying to get rid of my cold once and for all!

Stay Positive and all the best!

No comments: