Monday, August 17, 2009

Everyday is another adventure...

It is now August, and I can't believe that I have been Miss New Jersey for 2 months already! I thought July was great, but August has turned out to be even better! There has been so much since my last blog, and I can't wait to share it with you! Before I do, I have some exciting news!

I BIG thank-you to some of my new sponsors for my wardrobe to the Miss America Pageant.
The Red Carpet Pageant and Prom, Tesi Bridal Boutique-Ventnor, and Stefanie Somers who will be doing my jewelry for the pageant. Please Visit their websites and patronize these amazing individuals, just tell them Miss New Jersey sent you!

Tesi- http://www.tesibridal.com/
Red Carpet- http://www.theredcarpetprom.com/
Stefanie Somers- http://www.stefaniesomers.com/

I traveled to South Carolina in late July to spend time with my family, but they threw me a fabulous Welcome Party! Everyone was so supportive, and they are all looking to travel to Las Vegas to support New Jersey! After returning home I attended the Miss Maine Invitational. I was able to meet a few of the other contestants including Virgin Islands, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut, Delaware, and District of Columbia. We toured Schoppy's, the Miss America offices, as well as the infamous Boardwalk Hall. I even sang a few notes on the stage. There is nothing more exciting than to be on that stage! The girls were so much fun, and I can't wait to spend more time with them. I can't forget about Night in Venice, and the fabulous Nancy and Art Abbot for their generosity! Their boat is amazing, and I had so much fun dancing and singing the entire parade!


I started the month of August at the Westfield Summer Day Camp. The students were so much fun, and I received a beautiful picture from a young girl named Morgan. Also, I was asked by a little boy who looked exactly like Harry Potter, to draw the scar on his forehead like Harry. He wanted me to make sure I told everyone that I met someone famous! On August 4th I attended National Night Out in Freehold, New Jersey signing autographs, and meeting with Freehold Township Committeemen. This event was dedicated to ending violence in our communities, and uniting the citizens together. The support from my neighboring community was so much appreciated.

Being the Grand Marshal at the Cape May Baby Parade was such an honor, and the babies were just so adorable! I also shared lunch with Queen Maysea 2009. I've also been very busy with my Golf Outing! Please if you are interested in sponsoring or playing the tournament, it's going to be a great time! I hope that everyone will come out and support this great cause!

Now for Orlando, first let me congratulate my beautiful little sister, BRENNA WEICK, 1st RUNNER - UP to MAOT! She was just absolutely beautiful all week, and everyone just adored her. I could not be more proud of her and her accomplishment!


Orlando was also such a great time to meet with all of the contestants. We had VIP access to Universal and experienced the new Simpsons ride, Spiderman, Men in Black, and two Rollarcoasters, which were the best part! It was so hot that day, but the girls were so much fun! Thursday Morning we were up bright and early to tape for TLC and the first meeting with Miss America, and Sam Haskell. That was so much fun, and then my personal interview with TLC Online went so well. I LOVE the camera, and had such a blast. We did a few promotional photo shoots for Miss America's new Go Green initiative. I did a little shopping as well as with my roommates Massachusetts, California, and Kentucky. Friday night we had the opportunity to attend a Miss America Fundraiser at the beautiful Siegel Estate in Orlando, the food was amazing, and we danced the night away!

My fellow MAO Class of 2010 contestants were so sweet and great to get to know. It's so weird to say that one of the 53 young women I met, will be the next Miss America. I'm so excited for January just to get to spend more time with them all! I LOVED my roommates, we also enjoyed some quality snuggie time! But all the girls are just so much fun, when everything was all said and done we were so upset that we had to leave, but we all had our duties to attend to in our own state! Especially me!


I rushed off the plane on Sunday afternoon to Atlantic City where I sang the National Anthem at a "Welcome Home" party at the Taj Mahal for members of the 50th IBTC Brigade. It was so great to welcome them home and thank our service men and women for the many sacrifices they made.

So that's it for now, but I can't wait to share my many other adventures throughout the next few months as I prepare for the Miss America Pageant!

No comments: