Monday, December 14, 2009

Obstacles are things a person sees
when he takes his eyes off the goal.
-E. Joseph Crossman


My beautiful "sister," Miss NJ 2008, Ashley Fairfield!

Another week down, and another step closer to Miss America! We received the Miss America Competition Magazine, and my heart nearly stopped. I could not believe that my picture was in there as a Miss America contestant. Everything is becoming a reality, everything I have dreamed about for so long, is happening! It truly makes me sit back and think to myself how fortunate I am to have this exciting opportunity to represent this state. Vegas here I come!! Woohoo!

So last week I was busy doing prep work for Miss America, followed by a busy weekend at both of my fundraisers at Tesi Bridal and Swoozie's!

I spent the other night at, Rosanna's apartment, and just was blown away of her amazing view of the NY skyline! So I woke up, watched Regis and Kelly, drank coffee, and stared out at the view! That was such a great morning and stress reliever!

Nothing like this!

I had a great day at Tesi's taking pictures and signing autographs for the customers! I also enjoyed the day with Victoria Fiola, Miss Coastal Shore Outstanding Teen, because Tesi is a tremendous supporter for the both of us! She has been so gracious and generous to donate my On Stage Question dress, and also to help me raise money, so I must send her a huge thank you for being so supportive of me and the pageant!

With a Bride and her wedding party!


Victoria, Tesi and myself!


"Crowning" Tesi :-)

On Sunday, I made it to Swoozie's amid the monsoon that was happening outside. And I just had the best time with the customers taking pictures and helping them pick out some great gifts for the holidays! The owner of "The Frame Smith," the store right next to Swoozie's brought his two dogs into the store, Hank and Pogo, and my heart melt! I could not resist but to take a picture with the puppies! Hank, the Lab, was training to be a seeing eye dog, and he was just so sweet. I want to thank Kelli, Sam, and Jenn for being so friendly and helpful! After everything was done, I did a little bit of shopping myself, and picked up some really cute gifts for my friends! I can't wait to see their faces!

With Hank and Pogo! I wanted to take Hank home!

Congratulations to the new local titleholders that were crowned on Saturday night, Miss Central Coast 2010 Venessa Baez and Miss Monmouth County 2010, Hilary Levin! As a former Miss Monmouth County it was such a pleasure to be a part of the evening, and with such a large crowd! All the contestants were wonderful, and I'm so excited to see our new titleholders compete for the title of Miss New Jersey 2010!

Venessa Baez, Miss Central Coast 2010


Hilary Levin, Miss Monmouth County 2010


All the "crownheads!"

I have a busy week ahead of me, with Scotch Plains High School tomorrow, collecting "Toys for Tots" at Woodbridge Center on Saturday, and then the Egg Harbor City Christmas Parade, Saturday night! Stay tuned for all my adventures next week!

No comments: