Monday, December 7, 2009

"To be a champ you have to believe in yourself
when no one else will." Sugar Ray Robinson


Finishing my very first 5K!

Two of my sponsors are hosting Sales in my honor this coming weekend December 12th and 13th!
First Tesi Bridal in Ventnor, NJ will be hosting a sale on Saturday, and I will be there from 10-1.
Then Swoozie's of Princeton will be hosting a Sale Saturday and Sunday, but I will be there Sunday from 12-3. All proceeds collected will benefit the Children's Miracle Network!

Here is my link if you can donate more!!
http://www.missamerica4kids.org/m.aspx?i=239217988F4

Well I did it! The first Miss NJ to graduate Dale Carnegie! I am thrilled that I was able to accomplish this, and I am so proud of how much the class has benefited me. It was such a pleasure to get to know everyone, and I hope to continue the relationships that we've gained from this fabulous class. My Dad was there for graduation, and he was patient enough to sit through the entire class. I'm so lucky he did that for me!


Maria Mantoudakis, my wonderful Instructor!

During my lesson in NYC I had the priviledge to work with the fabulous Maureen Moore. She was so enthusiastic, and really added to my talent. I just can't wait to perform at Miss America!

Saturday I was off in the rainy/snowy weather to Woodbridge Mall where I collected "Toys for Tots" with the Marine Corps League Avenel Detachment. It was a great day, and we definitely collected a good amount of Toys! I will be with them again on December 19th! I hope that everyone will come out to donate!


With Stew, John, Bob, and Joe- Avenel Detachment


With some new fans! (And apparently a new boyfriend, haha)


With the Boy Scouts of Sayreville, NJ

On Sunday we enjoyed my 5K race at Mercer County Park, even though the weather didn't quite hold out enough, we still had a great race! I want to thank everyone who came out to support the cause and participate in the event! You were all troopers to hold out for the cold! I even ran in the race myself, and for not having run a lot prior to, I did really well! The money will be donated to the Children's Miracle Network.


With the Slusak Family!


Thank you Wegman's for all the support!


Team Issalon and Storm!


My fabulous little sister, Brenna! Thank you for coming out!

The judges has officially been announced for Miss America 2010. It looks like we have a really eclectic panel, and also really interesting. I think I will be starstruck when I see Katie Harmon because she is one of my favorite Miss America's because she inspired me to begin opera when I was younger! What a thrill!

So much more to look forward to this week! I can't wait til this weekend! Til next time everyone!

No comments: