Thursday, November 26, 2009

We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

On my way to the float in Philadelphia!!

Emerson really is one of my favorite writers because he is an artist of the written word. He is certianly one of the most prolific writers, and can so accurately describe how I'm feeling recently!

Another eventful week has passed, and I've officially begun my Miss America countdown, and as of today we are two months out from Miss America! It will be here before I know it! It feels like I was just saying that Miss America was six months away! I think it's really starting to set in that I will be competing for Miss America!! CRAZY!

**Don't forget, my "Feel Great" 5K Run/Walk is this Sunday, December 6th at Mercer County Park, beginning at 9:30am. Register at www.therunningcompany.net **

I want to thank my sponsor, Issalon and Yaffa, for giving me a chemical peel and microdermabrasion! Yaffa was so wonderful, and my skin felt amazing after the treatment! I HIGHLY recommend trying this fabulous new treatment! Your skin will thank you!! Just tell them Miss NJ sent you!!

I also am very encouraged because of the recent support from the Healthy Weight Commitment Foundation. They heard about my platform, and would love to use me as a spokeswoman, so hopefully we can form a partnership in the future!

I'm getting to the end of my Dale Carnegie Course this week, and I'm so excited because I will be the FIRST Miss NJ to graduate from the course!! I'm so excited, and so proud of myself for completing the course! Now the trick is to implement all the tools and principles I've learned into my daily life!

Well it's been a busy couple weeks, and I have so much to share! First, I was the invited guest the "Annual Autumn Celebration" at the Columbus Citizens Foundation in NYC, where Susan Lucci was being honored for Lifetime Achievement. Mr. Joseph Monticciolo and his wife Mary Ann, invited me to come and listen to the fabulous opera singers they had to honor Susan, and I was blown away! Michael Amante and Jeanette Vecchione were phenomenal talent's, and Michael even sang "Nessun Dorma" he gave me chills! Susan was a pleasure to meet, and she really is sooo little!

With Mr. Joseph Monticciolo, President of the Italian Board of Guardians


With the fabulous, Jeanette Vecchione

Before the event I had a chance to sit down with Alicia Luciano, Miss NJ 2002! She is such a doll, and a wonderful woman! I'm so honored to be her "sister!"

The following day I spent in Red Bank with Duxiana again, and met the Mayor of Red Bank. The time flew by, but it was such a beautiful day! And I want to thank them again for their continued support.

With Ann-Brit Paulsen, owner of Duxiana, and Mayor Menna of Red Bank


signing an autograph for a small fan!

Then before I knew it, I was getting ready for Philadelphia thanksgiving parade...where did the time go?! I had a wonderful dinner with Miss Delaware, and Debbie the Executive Director of the Miss Delaware Pageant. We celebrated Sally's birthday, and just had a wonderful evening. The next morning we were up bright and early for the parade. I had such a wonderful time sharing the day with my little sister Brenna, Miss PA-Shannon Doyle, and Miss PAOT and Miss DEOT. I also had a chance to meet Miss NJ USA Chenoa Greene, and Miss NJ Teen USA Erica Syzmanski. We were so lucky we had such great weather for the parade!

With Miss Delaware!


On the Snowman Float with the other girls!


In the Hotel in front of the tree!


She is too cute, I can't help but bear hug her!!


The Miss and Teens with MAOT, Jeanette Moorelan


I think we make a great Christmas card!!

I had a very quiet Thanksgiving, but I have so much to be thankful for! I really am a very blessed young woman, and I'm so proud of my life and everyone who has touched my life!

Friday I was off and onto the Millville Christmas Parade! I had such a wonderful time, and rode in a really beautiful blue Mustang Convertible. I enjoyed the evening with Joan Cooper, my little sister Brenna, Miss Allstate Ashleigh Udalovas, Miss Coastal Shore-Brianna Durand, and my Dad! My Dad was my security for the evening, and he had a blast riding in the parade!

With the wonderful, Joan Cooper!


Miss Coastal Shore-Brianna Durand, MNJOT-Brenna, and Miss Allstate Ashleigh Udalovas


Miss Holly City, me, MNJOT, Homecoming Queen, and Miss Allstate

I also went shopping with Mom and we found my gown for the Send off party, and I absolutely can't wait to wear it!! I'm just beyond excited!! It's 1 month til my party!

Sunday I headed to Bridgeton to be in their Holiday parade, and I had such a great time with the lovely Barbara Casarow! Her and her husband welcomed me into their beautiful home. I was on this great float from Blondies, but I didn't realize how high I was in this float until I nearly smacked a stoplight with my head. I also played limbo with some electrical wires. No one ever told me that being a "Stuntwoman" was part of the job description of Miss NJ!!

With the Bridgeton Town Council


with Miss Atlantic Shores, Maggie May Sabota!


on my float, with my two guards!

But I'm having the time of my life!! If you are in the area, on Saturday December 5th I will be at the Woodbridge Mall Collecting "Toys for Tots" with the Marine Corps League of Avenel from 12-2. Come by and say hi! Maybe even donate an un-wrapped toy, too!?

All my love til next time!

No comments: