Wednesday, November 11, 2009

There's only now, There's only here.
Give into love or live i
n fear.
No other path, no other way.

No day but today.
-Rent


Getting "crowned" by the famous Bert Parks statue!

In front of Kathy Nejat's (Miss NJ 1997) shoes in the Sheraton Atlantic City

I'm so sorry for the delay in getting my blog post up from the weekend! Unfortunately my camera died, and I thought Sally gave me my camera back after the pageant on Sunday, but when I went home it wasn't there! Thank goodness she had it, but I haven't been able to upload any of the photos from my events!


(Sorry for the crooked crown) but at the NJEA with the American Heart Association!

Let's see where to begin...well on Friday I was a part of the NJEA Convention where I was a part of the American Heart Association and the invited speaker for the NJEA Higher Education Luncheon. It was fabulous to work with the ladies and Kevin of the American Heart Association because we were able to hand out literature on taking care of your body and living healthy lifestyles. Thank you especially Nan and Robin for your help! It was great to work with you! I look forward to working with the organization on different events down the road.

With the women of the American Heart Association!

Signing autographs at the booth

I just love the "thumbs-up" he was a hoot!

At the NJEA Higher Education Luncheon, I was treated to a delicious lunch and met with various New Jersey college professors. I spoke to them about my college experience, and how it has catapulted me into so many wonderful opportunities, as well as enriched my life. It also was a pleasure to meet Howard Parish and Steve Smetsky.

Speaking at the Higher Education Luncheon

with Howard Parish

(My Invitations just came in for my send-off, and they look beautiful! I'm getting so excited! Plus we just booked our DJ!!)

Saturday, Sally and myself attended the AIDS/ Hyacinth Foundation Gala, which was such an honor to be a part of. I sang an opening song, and had the honor of meeting State Senator Joseph Vitale and State Senator Loretta Weinberg who were honored with the first Ricky Jacobs Awards. It was so great to hear that the Foundation achieved their goal of $75,000 for the event! Truly remarkable!

with State Senator Joseph Vitale!

With State Senator Loretta Weinberg

With the incomparable, Fidel Garcia, thank you for all of your help!!

Also, even though I wasn't able to attend the Miss Gloucester County Pageant, I want to Congratulate all the women, and the new Miss GC 2010, Kaitlin Davis! Also, Happy 39th Wedding Anniversary to Silvia and Lou! I am so sorry I was not able to take part in the festivities.

Sunday I headed to the Miss Queen City/Miss Union County Pageant! I want to thank Sherri Ryan and Timeka Whitehead or having me be a part of the event and crown their new titleholders! Also congratulations to the all the beautiful girls, especially to Miss Queen City 2010 Nychole Hunt and Miss Union County 2010 Nicole Washington! Two very beautiful girls, and I'm very excited to see them at Miss New Jersey this year!

With Nicole Washington and Nychole Hunt!

Wheew..ok well, that was just this weekend! This week is just as crazy and I have so many pictures to share! Can't wait to share with you Goya Foods, Americanism Day, and the Duxiana Beds Charity Event!

Wishing you health and happiness!

No comments: