Wednesday, November 4, 2009

"Do a little more each day than you think you possibly can."
-Lowell Thomas




with Sebastian (owner's baby boy) at the Hillsborough Diner

An oldie but a goodie, from the Columbus Day Parade that was just e-mailed to me

I haven't seen Sally in awhile, so I am sorry that I don't have a silly stories to tell. But, for those of you who have been following me status' on Facebook, it might have seemed like I was going to breakdown because of the NY Giants. Well, we know they are doing terribly, and I can't figure out what happened, but nonetheless, I was just a bit over-loaded with some things that had to get done, but I am good now, and we are back on track! Thank you for your concerns!

So over the past week and half not much as happened in the way of appearances, but I have been very busy on other fronts. Starting with organizing my 5K Race that will be on December 6th. We have been very busy organizing sponsors and donations. The Mercer County Park venue is going to be great, and myself and the Race Director, Lynn Kuderka have been very busy organizing the location. We are so excited to have set a photographer and a DJ for the event, and we hope that everyone will come out to support this great cause! Don't forget we are also having a One Mile Fun Run for the children!

Register at this Website
www.therunningcompany.net

Since Rosanna has returned home from Italy we have been very busy organizing my send off to Miss America, so it's full speed ahead, invitations will be mailed shortly! It is going to be such a fabulous night, and I am just so thrilled that things are falling into place! Mark our Calendars, January 2nd, Sheraton Crown Ballroom, Atlantic City!

Finally, the final sketches are coming in for my new version of the Coloring Book, and because I've gotten such a positive response about the cookbook, I am looking to find a sponsor who would be willing to make this a really great cookbook!

Yesterday, I went to Trenton to visit the Mon Cheri showroom to look for some new dresses, and Trenton is only about a 35 minute trip, and thanks to google maps, it turned into a 1 hour and 45 min trip. My mother and myself were so aggravated, because she said "oh don't bring the GPS, we don't need it, we know where we are going" well as it turns out...no we didn't! (my mother and myself are really, really good with directions, so we can be very confident with where we are going) And once we got there, I knew EXACTLY where I was, and there were 1 billion easier ways to get there, because I worked right near there when I was with 101.5 FM Radio!

So all I have to say is that the city of Trenton needs to learn to fix their roadsigns because they are TERRIBLE!! I think that might be something I mention to our new Governor, Chris Christie?? Maybe the Governor will actually know who Miss New Jersey is now?!

Then last night, I was invited to be interview by students at Salem Community College for one of their assignments. I really enjoyed talking with the students because they had some really great questions that really challenged me! I appreciate their enthusiasm, so a big SHOUT OUT to Mr. Clark's Tuesday night Journalism Class! Thank you all again! Also, thank you to Barb Lynch (Miss Salem County ED) for inviting me to join them!
Receiving my gift from Mr. Clark!

Thanks again everyone!

Talking with a few of the students, and signing autographs

So now, I'm preparing for my trip to the NJEA Convention in Atlantic City this Friday, as well as the Hyacinth Foundation Fundraiser on Saturday night. I'm looking forward to both events, and I'm sure that I will return with many stories!

Wishing you good health and happiness!
GO YANKEES!!