Sunday, February 21, 2010

"The darkest night is often the bridge to the brightest tomorrow."
-Jonathan Lockwood Huie


From the Magazine 40-74, To read the article click HERE:
http://www.app.com/4074/janfeb2010/passions/passions.html


After some time of trying to get myself into a normal routine and dealing with all this snow and ice that is still around, I'm finally back on track! I've had a busy couple weeks organizing some exciting things, as well as getting back to my very important job of being Miss New Jersey!

One of my first interviews that I did upon returning from Miss America was with The Messenger Press, and then I was off an doing a taping with Assemblywoman Carolyn Casagrande, and her brand new talk show "Conversations with Carolyn Casagrande." I was so honored to be a part of this inaugural taping, and I look forward to seeing the finished product! She is such a wonderful woman, and I'm so honored to be a part of her district. I hope we can continue this great relationship we have established.

With Carolyn and the entire crew!


A quick photo of me on TV from Sally's phone!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day! I know I did, and yes, I did have a Valentine, and I had a great time! :-)

Then on "Fat Tuesday" I celebrated Mardi Gras with the Epilepsy Foundation of Eastern PA. I was their invited guest to help honor their "King" for 2010, who was from the state of New Jersey. I had the honor of crowning, Tom Reis, and the Mardi Gras King. I also had the honor of meeting Dave "The Hammer" Schultz from the Philadelphia Flyers. Dave was a two-time Stanley Cup Champion, so it was very exciting for me to meet a sports star!

Hanging out beads during Cocktail hour!


With Dave "The Hammer" Schultz from the Philadelphia Flyers!


With the Mardi "King" Tom Reis!

Wednesday, I was on my way, although I was battling a bit of a terrible cold, to Pine Brooke Care Center in Englishtown, NJ to be a part of their Hope for Haiti Concert. The care center employs numerous Haitians who have many family members who were affected by the tragic earthquake. I was so honored and pleased to be a part of that event, and sing for the residents as well as for the employees. I also had the pleasure of meeting the Mayor of Manalapan, Andrew Lucas.

Singing to the Residents during the Concert for Haiti!


With the Mayor of Manalapan!

Then Saturday, I was off to attend the Miss Cumberland County Pageant! I want to congratulate all the contestants on a job well done, and would like to welcome Holly Hunsberger to the Miss NJ family and congratulate her for winning Miss Cumberland County 2010! We are very excited to have you join the excitement of the Miss New Jersey pageant!


Holly, Hunsberger, Miss Cumberland County 2010!


Crownheads!

So now comes another busy week! I will be having a conference call with the National Healthy Weight Commitment Foundation, and then National Pancake Day on Tuesday!

Don't forget to come out for National Pancake Day to support the Children's Miracle Network! I will be at the Brick IHOP from 7am-9am on Tuesday, come and stop to get some Free Pancakes!!

No comments: