Thursday, February 25, 2010

Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation. --Brian Tracey



With the Champion, Michael!!


With Mackenzie, Michael's Sister, and the other Champion!

This week certainly has been one of the most inspiring and exciting weeks in my life. Although I haven't had many appearances, there are so many new things that are happening in my life, and I just can't wait to tell you about them.

Monday I had a conversation with the National Healthy Weight Commitment Foundation, and they would like to use me as a possible spokeswoman with their organization. Things are still being decided because they have so many new projects, and they are finding where I will be able to fit in the best.

Tuesday was National Pancake Day!! I hope everyone went out to have their free pancakes to support the Children's Miracle Network. I had the opportunity to go to the Brick IHOP where I met this year's Champions, Michael and Mackenzie, as well as last year's Champion Kaitlin. These children were so inspiring and some of the most wonderful individuals I have had the pleasure of meeting. Their stories are so incredible. They are truly inspiring young people, who overcame insurmountable odds. They exemplify true American Heroes, and remind me why I love my job, and I am so honored to work with such a wonderful organization.


With last years and this years Champions!



Pancake Stacking Contest!!

Never forget to reflect on your life and be thankful for what you are blessed with. There are so many people in the world with so much less than you, so be thankful for your many blessings. I truly believe that each day is a gift, so savor every moment and take in the precious time you have.


Flipping Pancakes!


Signing and Autograph for Mackenzie!

I am so excited to share the news that I bought a new PUPPY!! Her name is Callie Anastasia Shaffer. She is a 9 week old, Cavachon, which is a Cavalier Bichon Frise hybrid. She certainly is keeping me busy, and my hands full trying to train her. But I am so excited to have a little dog back in the house, she is definitely my little "peanut!"


Callie Anastasia Shaffer!!

March is going to be a relatively slow month for me, but I am looking forward to crowning so 7 new titleholders, all aspiring for the title of Miss New Jersey 2010!

Wishing you all Health and Happiness! xoxo

No comments: