Thursday, February 4, 2010

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end"












Finally! After a long hiatus from my blog, I'm back! My apologies that I have not had a chance to update before Miss America, but I will quickly share some of the things I did before I left for Vegas.

I first was given 2 complimentary tickets to see Turandot at the Metropolitan Opera. So Sally and myself enjoyed a wonderful evening at the Met, and it just blew me away. It was my first time ever going to the Met, and the production was just incredible! I was so excited to have seen the opera first hand.


Then I was an honored guest at CHOP with Miss Delaware, Heather Lehman for the "Miss CHOP America" Pageant. Unfortunately, we were not able to visit the children because of flu restrictions, but they broadcast Heather and myself Live to the kids rooms. Heather and myself sang for them and answered some questions about ourselves. We had a great time, and were awarded with flowers and banners :-)


Finally, I emceed the Miss New Jersey's Outstanding Teen Pageant, and I want to congratulate my new little sister, Andie Babusik, MNJOT 2010. I had a wonderful time getting to know the girls, and I'm so excited for the 6 months ahead with my new titleholder! Of course, I will always miss Brenna because she is truly an extroadinary woman., but Andie is a beautiful girl, and she is only 13!


Now onto MISS AMERICA!!





It was the time of my life, and the greatest opportunity to have been blessed with. The women I spend the 10 days have left an indelible mark on my life, and I will never forget the memories and experiences we shared together. I was so proud and honored to represent the great Garden State at Miss America, it was a dream come true.




I was able to walk on the Miss America stage, ride Gondola's at the Venetian, walk in the Fashion show on the longest runway in America, ride Go-Karts, and get to know 52 amazing women from across America. It was exhausting, and we were basically held prisoner for 10 days, but I wouldn't change anything. I promised myself, regardless of the outcome, I was going to have fun, and I did! It was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I wasn't about to let it slip through my fingers. And as much as my feet were so mad at me by Saturday night (they were swollen for almost three days after) every moment on that stage was wonderful.






As I look back, of course I was disappointed that I did not place higher in the competition because I felt that I had competed to the best of my ability, and deserved a spot in the top 15. However, I wouldn't change a thing, like I said I felt that I had done everything to the best of my ability. I was the best Ashley I could be. I prepared as much as I could, and I knew that there was not another thing I could do to have prepared anymore. I realize that everything happens for a reason, and whatever that reason is, I'm sure I will find out soon enough.






For now, I look forward to the rest of my year and what it has to bring to me. I will also continue to study for Law School, as that is part of my long term goals. I've been approached by some organizations to work with them as a spokeswoman, and I am also going to prepare training for a MS Charity Bike Ride! I'm so excited, and I know that there is so else for my future.


I'm also trying to convince my Mom and Dad to buy a new puppy!! We haven't decided what kind of dog we want, but we hope to maybe rescue a dog.

I'm already booked for some appearances next week, so look for my blog with updates for my upcoming adventures!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ashley,

Do you have an address for fan mail? My 5-year old daughter wants to send you a drawing and letter, but it is impossible to find anywhere to send it.

Thanks

Ashley said...

Hi Beatrice, you can send mail to the main office.

135 Summit Avenue
Deptford, NJ 08096